Backpack, Duffel and Oversized Bags Policy
Please be advised that in order to provide a safer environment for all of our guests, Grand Sierra Resort and Casino does not allow backpacks, duffel bags and oversized bags on the casino floor, including at all bars and in the Race and Sportsbook area.
This measure is being enforced in order to enhance the security of our patrons. We appreciate the cooperation of our guests.
Guests are not permitted to carry large bags in the following areas:
- Casino Floor
- Resort and Casino Bars
- Race and Sportsbook
Guests with large bags in these areas will be asked to store their bags in their hotel room or vehicle. Hotel guests may store their bag at the Bell Desk if they are checking-in or checking-out that day; based on storage availability.
Please note: Non-compliant guests will be asked to leave the Casino, Bar, or Race and Sportsbook areas.
Guests are permitted to carry large bags in the following areas:
- Traveling to and From a Vehicle
- Dining in Any of Our Restaurants
- In Common Areas (Eg. Promenade, Retail, Leisure and Spa Level Etc.)
- While Attending Conventions and Business Meetings
- While Carrying a Medical Device (Eg. Oxygen Container)
Backpack, Duffel Bag and Oversized bags Guidelines
There are many various types of large bags. Enforcement of this policy will be at the discretion of Security. The following is a general guideline only.
- Backpacks are bags with shoulder straps, however, there can be design variations. They are meant to be carried on one's back or over the shoulder.
- Duffel bags are large bags that are held by a strap or handles and are used to carry personal belongings.
- Oversized handbags are those meant to store or carry personal belongings and are NOT women's purses or handbags.