An Unparalleled Concert Experience
The Grand Theatre in Reno is one of the finest performing arts centers in the country. Occupying nearly an acre of space, and with one of the largest stages in the world, live shows don’t get any grander.
After undergoing a $10 million renovation that included 2,700 luxurious new seats, more legroom, wider aisles, and tiered row seating to provide every guest in the house a great view of the stage, the theatre is renowned by performers and audiences alike for its superb quality, comfort and service.
This modern Reno concert venue features an orchestra pit that provides the flexibility for adding more seating, or creating a standing area right in front of the stage for those high-energy rock shows. Combine that with state-of-the-art lighting and sound systems, and Grand Sierra Resort is the perfect venue for live shows in Reno, and has played host to musicals, dance performances, orchestras, and Grammy award-winning musical artists.
The theatre also features exclusive VIP booths with personal beverage and bottle service, new dressing rooms for artists, an artists’ lounge, and a stunning glass-enclosed lobby with two-tiered entry.
Take in a Reno show at Grand Sierra Resort. Showtime has never been grander.
What to Expect During Your Visit
To help improve your experience on arrival at the Grand Theatre, browse our frequently asked questions below and familiarize yourself with our security measures.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What time should I arrive?
- Avoid that dreaded last-minute rush and ensure you don’t miss a moment of the show by arriving one hour before show time. This will give you time to go through security screening, grab a drink from the bar and find your seats.
(More information on security procedures and prohibited items below)
- Where should I park?
- GSR has an excellent valet parking service. Or you may park in our North Parking Lot for direct access to the Grand Theatre. To make the most of your night we suggest using a taxi or other ride-share service, or better yet, book yourself into one of our grand hotel rooms for the night!
- Where can I check/store my belongings (suitcase, backpack, etc.)?
- The Grand Theatre does not store personal belongings and we do not permit anything larger than a woman’s handbag or purse into the Grand Theatre, so please avoid bringing any large items with you to the show.
- Where is the lost & found?
- All lost and found items will be turned in to the GSR Security team and can be retrieved at the Bell Desk located next to the front lobby.
- Is re-entry allowed?
- No, the Grand Theatre does not permit re-entry.
- Is smoking permitted?
- No smoking is permitted within the Grand Theatre. There is a designated smoking area located on the Casino restroom side.
- Can I bring in outside food and drinks?
- No food or drink from outside the Grand Theatre is permitted. Several full-service bars are located in the theatre, and GSR has an amazing selection of restaurants, so arrive early and grab a bite to eat in one of our fine establishments on Restaurant Row.
- How can I upgrade my seat?
- The Grand Theatre has many VIP options for our guests, from upgraded seats to VIP Booths to our Ultra VIP Balconies. Inquire at the GSR Box Office or complete this VIP Concierge request form.
- Where is the VIP entrance?
- All VIP ticketed guests can access quick and easy entrance to the theatre via the VIP Podium located near the entrance to the Grand Theatre.
New Security Procedures
Arrive early to avoid delays!
Make sure you don’t miss a moment of our Reno shows by arriving at the ‘doors opening’ time on your ticket. Due to enhanced security screening, we ask that you please allow extra time to arrive at the venue, pass through security, and find your seats.
To expedite the process, make sure you adhere to our rules around prohibited items. In particular, be aware that no large bags or backpacks are permitted into the Grand Theatre (small bags and purses excepted) and all bags will be subject to a search. To help us prevent long delays, please avoid bringing any bags into the Grand Theatre.
- No large bags or backpacks (max. size 12″x12″x6″)
All bags will be subject to a security search
- No illegal drugs or substances
- No Audio/Visual recording devices, including:
- Cameras with a detachable or interchangeable lens or external flash
- GoPro cameras, Google Glass, Snapchat Spectacles
- Selfie Sticks, Tripods, Monopods
- No outside food, beverage or alcohol, including:
- Metal/glass/plastic containers, cans, bottles or flasks (empty or sealed)
- Coolers, ice-chests
- No electronic devices, including:
- Laptops, tablets, personal computers
- Two-way (walkie-talkie) radios
- No weapons or hazardous materials, including:
- Firearms, pepper spray, pocket knives or mace
- Flammable liquids, aerosol cans, flares or fireworks
- No noise-making or visual devices, including:
- Flashlights, laser pointers, permanent markers or optical illusions
- Air horns, whistles, bells, vuvuzelas, etc.
- No paraphernalia, including:
- Balloons, balls, projectiles
- Pointed-tip umbrellas, folding chairs
- No inappropriate attire, including:
- Clothing, garments, or signs displaying explicit language, profanity, or derogatory characterization toward any person(s)
- Masks, chains or studded belts/bracelets
- Patrons must be fully clothed (no shoes, no shirt = no entry)
- No skateboards, segways, scooters, rollerblades, bicycles, hoverboards or helmets
- No seat cushions, stadium seats or booster seats
- No flowers (unless otherwise permitted by Production Management)
- No animals or pets (accommodations made for service animals)
- No unapproved pamphlets, handouts or promotional materials
- No signs, flags or banners exceeding 11” x 17” or attached to a pole/stick. Signs must be relevant to event. Signs may not contain or display obscene or offensive language and/or pictures as determined by venue management. Management reserves the right to prohibit or remove a sign or banner at any time.