Things to Do in Reno-Tahoe
Local and Regional Attractions
Grand Sierra Resort is the perfect base for exploring events and things to do around Reno-Tahoe. Nestled between the Sierra Nevada mountain range and downtown Reno, GSR is ideally located for checking out local festivals, sporting events, arts and cultural activities, and outdoor pursuits.
Local Events in Reno-Tahoe
Reno-Tahoe is a haven for iconic gatherings and quirky festivals – from the eclectic Artown concert series to GSR’s own annual Beer & Chili Festival. Whatever time of year you visit, fun and festivities won’t be hard to find.
Here are just a handful of events which occur annually in the region. If you are staying at GSR, be sure to book your accommodation early as many of these events cause rooms to book out fast.
- Artown – This arts and cultural festival features over 500 events each July, including music, dance, theater, visual arts, workshops and much more.
- Hot August Nights – This classic car event sees thousands flocking to Reno to admire vehicles from the golden era of car design.
- Burners Festival – Each year, tens of thousands of people commune in the Black Rock desert to create and participate in this eclectic experience.
- Reno Air Races – This multi-day event has become a tradition in Northern Nevada and an attraction for aviation enthusiasts from across the country.
- Reno Rodeo – The West’s wildest and richest Reno heads to town for more than a week of excitement celebrating the best of western lifestyle.
- Camel & Ostrich Races – Cheer on the jockeys during their bumpy race around the track in historic Virginia City.
- Beer & Chili Festival – GSR’s own signature event presents the best in chili, beer tasting and live entertainment.
Things To Do in Reno-Tahoe
With so much to do, see and experience in Reno-Tahoe, you will be spoiled for choice. Looking for outdoor adventures? Hit the slopes at one of many world-class ski resorts. Prefer golfing? Explore top tier golf courses with stunning views of our little slice of paradise. Just want to drive? Hire a car and take in the majestic views of the Sierra Nevada range, Lake Tahoe, and Washoe Valley.
Reno also offers a host of places to drink, dine and dance the night away – from funky Midtown to the serene Riverwalk district – or right here at Grand Sierra Resort!
- Reno Golf Courses – Reno offers a variety of greens within 90 minutes of downtown Reno with terrains to suit all budgets and skill levels.
- Lake Tahoe Golf Courses – Surrounded by the Sierra Nevada ranges and crystal clear lake, golfing here is as close to paradise as you can get.
- Reno Ski Resorts – Reno skiing and snowboarding resorts include the stunning Mt Rose, a mere 30-minute drive from Grand Sierra Resort.
- Lake Tahoe Ski Resorts – Nestled in the Sierra Nevada ranges, Lake Tahoe is surrounded by slopes to suit every budget and ability.
- Sporting Events – From a day at the ballpark to backing UNR’s Wolf Pack teams, there’s plenty to cheer for in Reno.
- Arts & Culture – Reno is a vibrant town filled with an artistic, talented and energetic arts community.
- Reno to Tahoe Road Trip – The short journey from Reno to Lake Tahoe makes it an ideal road trip for those looking to explore all the region has to offer.