Responsible gaming is our commitment
The Grand Sierra Resort offers exciting entertainment and world-renowned hospitality. Gaming is part of our business. Responsible gaming is part of our reputation. In an on-going effort to promote an atmosphere of responsible gaming, we are committed to:
- Educating our employees to recognize problem gambling and providing them with the resources necessary to help themselves and others
- Providing information and assistance to our guests
- Participating in industry-wide programs and initiatives to increase awareness nationally and in the community at large
- Preventing under-age gambling, drinking and tobacco use
Know the signs
Despite all the consequences, compulsive gamblers will go to great lengths to deny and cover up their problem. Could you be at risk? Ask yourself these questions as identified by the National Council on Problem Gaming:
- Have you often gambled longer than you had planned?
- Have you often gambled until your last dollar was gone?
- Have thoughts of gambling caused you to lose sleep?
- Have you used your income or savings to gamble while letting bills go unpaid?
- Have you made repeated, unsuccessful attempts to stop gambling?
- Have you broken the law or considered breaking the law to finance your gambling?
- Have you borrowed money to finance your gambling?
- Have you felt depressed or suicidal because of your gambling losses?
- Have you been remorseful after gambling?
- Have you gambled to get money to meet your financial obligations?
- How to ask for help If you or someone you know is suffering from the fear and anxiety associated with compulsive gambling, remember, you're not alone.
The Problem Gambling Helpline is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to answer your questions and offer confidential, non-judgmental assistance. You'll talk with caring, knowledgeable counsellors who will provide information on available treatment options and support groups in your area for both the gambler and those affected by the gambler's problem.
IF YOU NEED SOMEBODY TO TALK TO, CALL THE PROBLEM GAMBLING HELPLINE: 1-800-522-4700